Main Street Elementary is a Pre-K through 5th grade school located in Upland, Pennsylvania. The general curriculum is supported by the following programs: Success for All Reading, Everyday Mathematics, and Pearson Science and Social Studies. In addition, students receive supplemental academic support from Study Island, an intervention for English, math and science; individual and small-group instruction from reading specialists and classroom support teachers; and after school opportunities for tutoring and enrichment.
Main Street has a long-standing reputation as an excellent elementary school, utilizing research-based instructional programs designed to meet the needs of younger students. Its active Parent Teacher Organization provides community support to the school. Modern technology, such as Promethean Boards, Elmo document cameras and iPads, are utilized in classrooms, ensuring a 21st-century education for the student population.
In addition to the core curriculum in reading (American Reading Company IRLA - 100 Book Challenge), mathematics (Go Math), science, and social studies (Scotts-Foresman), K-5 students also have exposure to "specials" this year: health/physical education, art, writing, small group instruction, and intervention.
Student Centered Activities includes but are not limited to:
- Computer-assisted programs such as IXL and Imagine Learning (K-2).
- After School Enrichment and Clubs; Reading Olympics, Computer Club, and Math and Reading Club meet on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- The Girl Scouts of America meet on a date to be determined. Transportation is not provided.
- The Northern Star Sports Program sponsored by Widener University will meet on a Tuesdays. Transportation is not provided
- Soccer for Success will meet on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Transportation is not provided.